Family Violence Protective Orders and Stalking Protective Orders involving non-family members

When a family or household member hurts you or tries to hurt you (with or without using a weapon) or gives you reason to believe they are going to hurt you in the near future, that person has potentially committed an act of family violence.  In order to get a protective order, you must have a familial relationship with your abuser (wife/husband, ex-wife/ex-husband, parent, stepparent, foster parent, or any person who lives in your house and acts as if they are a family member).  We have successfully represented both male and female clients in these actions in defending against, and obtaining, such orders.

Stalking involves a non-family member following you, placing you under surveillance or contacting you (in person, via phone, email, etc.) without your permission to harass or intimidate you.  We have represented numerous clients in contested cases seeking, and defending against, these types of orders.